We gather various types of information from our users, as explained in detail below, and we use this information in connection with our services, including to personalise, provide and improve our services, to fulfil your requests for certain products and services and in some cases, to analyse how you use those services.
(a) The terms set out in this policy apply to any information you give White Oak Commercial Finance Europe from time to time and to any information you have already provided.
(b) We may update our policies from time to time for any of the following reasons:
• to provide for the introduction of new or improved systems, methods of operation, services, or facilities; to reflect an actual or expected change in market conditions or general banking practice.
• to comply with or anticipate any changes in any legal or regulatory requirement.
• to ensure that our business is run prudently.
• to make our policies clearer or more favourable to you; or to rectify any outdated information.
If you do not wish to accept the new Privacy & Cookies policy, you should contact us immediately. Otherwise your continued use of White Oak Commercial Finance Europe services shall indicate your acceptance of the updated policy.
(c) You must not send us personal information about someone else without first getting the individual’s consent for it to be used and disclosed in the ways set out in our Data Protection Statement. If you give us information (including personal information) on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has given you permission to act on their behalf and has agreed that you can:
• provide their personal information to White Oak Commercial Finance Europe.
• give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data.
• receive on their behalf any data protection notices.
• give consent to the transfer of the individual’s personal data abroad should this be required.
Where you provide information about someone else, or someone else discloses a connection with you, that information may be considered along with your other personal information when assessing your application to receive our products or services.
(d) We treat your privacy very seriously and we understand that you will wish to know how we will use the information we collect from or about you. We use your personal information in accordance with our Data Protection Statement and will fully comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation as amended or replaced).
It is important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your data yourself (for example, by ensuring that all passwords and access codes are kept secure).